K1 Sportswear, a US leader in team sportswear manufacturing is adding a full time Cutting Department Tech to its growth initiative. K1 manufactures hockey apparel and other team sportswear worn by US National Teams, State High School champions in 20 states, top college and junior hockey programs and many youth programs throughout North America. K1 is a progressive, team based, lean manufacturing company growing in the hockey market and expanding into other team sports.
Job Summary: Coordinate and coach production activities so that approved products are manufactured on schedule and meet quality standards and cost objectives ensuring high customer satisfaction. Support K1 Core Values.
Responsibilities: Manage all activity associated with establishing production schedules and ensure that actual production meets scheduled requirements maintaining effective operations, cost factors and excellent quality
Review and analyze production to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and operating problems
Monitor fabric and trim inventory used for production needs
Assign orders to each sewing team member at the Paynesville facility
Apply company policies fairly, consistently and respectfully
Facilitate daily production schedule updates as business needs dictate
Calculate numbers and hours worked daily production
Plan overtime work as needed to ensure timely production
Keep best interest of company in mind in all decisions, especially financial and customer related
Responsible to interview and recommend hiring, training and onboarding of new employees; plan, assign and direct job duties; appraise job performance, reward, coach and correct employees; address complaints and resolve problems quickly
Direct cross training activities for all production employees
Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years managerial work experience
- Minimum 2 years work experience in related production industry
- Able to cooperatively manage and motivate teams of sewing machine operators to make the groups successful and effective
- Knowledge of and ability to apply commonly accepted rules of grammar, spelling and punctuation in written communication to develop management reports and summaries
- Able to determine alternatives that would correct a situation to provide effective customer service
- Able to develop and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and suppliers
- Able to frequently sit for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Able to frequently lift/carry up to 25 pounds
K1 offers a top compensation package including paid holidays and vacation.
You can apply on line, stop by our facility and pick up a job application or send your resume to 1309 Avenue C in Cloquet, MN 55720. Thanks for your interest in K1 Sportswear!
Feel free to email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.